Please see the events list.
Non-members are more than welcome to join any 'day meets' or climbing meets that they see on the Facebook group or club website, and this remains the best route into the club, giving folks a flavour of what we are about and whether we are right for you.
Most weekend meets have two spaces reserved for prospective members.
The membership process has been simplified. To join the club, you will need to:
1) Find 2 current members who are prepared to put their names on your membership form. Ask both of these folks to message the membership secretary stating that they are happy to 'sponsor' your membership. Both these members should have walked or climbed with you.
2) Fill out a membership form: Membership form 2022 sign it, and scan it or take a photo of it. Or simply hand it to any committee member.
3) Send a message to the membership secretary telling them that you have a membership form to send. They will respond by email and you can attach the photo of your form to your response.
4) Transfer the membership fee into the club bank account (the details are on the membership form). Please use the format 'Subs <name>' for the reference. The fees are £25.
5) The membership secretary will check the form and your sponsors, make sure the money got transferred and send you out a membership card by post.
6) Partake in club activities! At this point, you can join the WhatsApp group and get a website account: email the webmaster.
Aside from the fact that we are a decent bunch of people, there are several other reasons for joining the OMC
New Members are always Welcome. The best route to entry is to come to The Cricket Club on the first Wednesday of the month when we run talks and events, or come along on any Thursday to the pub meet, introduce yourself, and arrange to do something at the weekend with club members (including on club meets which have places available for prospective members). If you're a bit nervous about going along to the Cricket Club or pub without knowing someone then you can contact us and arrange to meet someone there, or join us on Facebook to meet virtually. Attending a couple of meets with existing members might seem a little 'stuck up' to some, but as you'll see if you come along, we are far from stuck up! As a club, it ensures that we get good, genuine members, and just as importantly that you get a good club.
If you have any questions, or want to talk to someone before turning up just get in touch.
Membership costs £25 annually, with a reduced fee for joining late in the year.
Still got a question? Check out our FAQs
© Copyright 1997 - 2023 Ochils Mountaineering Club | Authors Retain Copyright For Their Submissions | If you Wish To Use Content From This Site Ask Us! Information on this site is provided as-is, with no guarantees either stated or implied about its accuracy or suitability. Your safety is your responsibility!